Blue-in-Green:RADIO

Thursday 2 July 2015

What I'm listening to...




'The Wiggle' by Ferry Ultra & The Homeless Funkers f/t Kurtis Blow
This German boogie and funk release from 2012 is a surprising new discovery from me but I'm just glad that I have actually now discovered it.  The self-titled release features brilliant guests throughout including Roy Ayers and Gwen McCrae, and this excellent number featuring rap icon, Kurtis Blow...


 

'Don't Play Around' by DJ Nu-Mark f/t Aloe Blacc & Charles Bradley
Another release from 2012, this time from Jurassic 5's DJ Nu-Mark, from his album 'Broken SUnlight', here's a song that frankly needs no introduction from me at all.  Charles Bradley.  Aloe Blacc.  On the same song.  What are you waiting for? Press play...



'Blue (I'm Still Here With You)' by Incognito
I sometimes don't think Incognito get the credit they deserve for consistently delivering the incredible standard of soul music since 1981.  This song comes from their 2002 release 'Who Needs Love' (which was the first Incognito album I ever picked up) and features Kelli Sae on vocals and Paul Weller on guitar and rhodes (which is pretty cool!).  Was listening to this one recently and had the urge to share...

No comments:

Post a Comment