Blue-in-Green:RADIO

Friday 31 October 2014

New mix: "Wax On, Funk Off!"


Seeing how well 'BinG Loves Jazz!' has done, I'm jumping at the opportunity to compile our second mixtape focusing on contemporary funk numbers that I'm pretty sure many of you are going to enjoy.

These have become so much fun to put together and my mind is already racing for a theme for a follow-up mixtape.  Like with jazz, I kinda feel contemporary funk doesn't really get its due so hopefully we can convert a few people with 'Wax On, Funk Off!'. I've had fun with some of the interludes as well so hope you enjoy...

As keen as I am to do another, in November, I'm hoping to unveil episode 8 of our 'get to know' series and the contenders have been whittled down to: Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, Eric Krasno and Casey Benjamin.  Hopefully, we'll have that prepped within a few weeks from now.

In the meantime, please find the full tracklist below for "Wax On, Funk Off!"...
(Blue in Green Sessions intro)
'My Man Is A Mean Man' (DJ Spinna Remix) - Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
'Hit The Floor' - Breakestra
(Interlude I: Harrison Ford)
'It's Coming Up Again' - The Relatives
'The Magic Is Gone' - Chris Read f/t Myles Sanko
(Interlude II: 'Perception' drum break, Quantic)
'Move On Up' - Lettuce f/t Dwele
(Interlude III: Will Ferrell)
'Don't Take My Shadow' - Kings Go Forth
(Interlude IV: 'PSA' (IMS "Statement of Intent" Mashed Mix), Jay-Z)
'Oh Yes I Will' - Ed Meme f/t Myles Sanko
(Interlude V: 'Just Like U', Prince)
'There Was A Time' (Kenny Dope Remix) - James Brown
'Outta Control' - Plantlife
'Funk Is Ruling My Head' - Pitch & Scratch f/t Alex Prince
'Soul Intoxication' - Basement Freaks
'Mind Beam' (pts1&2) - Twisted Tongue
(Outro, Roy Ayers)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment