Blue-in-Green:RADIO

Friday 22 August 2014

Blue-in-Green Podcast#7: GetToKnow_Raphael Saadiq(pt2)


I think it's somewhat fair to open with the words... "Due to popular demand" when introducing you all to Episode 7 of our 'get to know the producer' series, once again featuring the brilliance of Raphael Saadiq.

I've happily caved to pressure and brought Part 2 of the soul scientist's great work a lot sooner than initially planned and I think it's safe to say, it's been massively well-received so thank you to all who have taken the time to check it out and will potentially do so from reading this.

Our list of producers and musicians that I'm aiming to cover is still a long one and includes Eric Krasno (from Soulive), Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, Babyface, Pino Palladino, Casey Benjamin, Lack of Afro and Maceo Parker among others.  I'll be providing a slight interruption of this series at some point over the next 2 weeks with my very first jazz mix which I'm excited to let rip.  99% finalised the tracklist of gems so fingers crossed the end-resuly sounds as good as it currently does in my head :)

Please feel free to visit the Soundcloud page for this and the previous episodes (which include Jack Splash, Thomas Brenneck, James Poyser, Prince and Questlove).
https://soundcloud.com/user305437292/blue-in-green-podcast7-gettoknow_raphaelsaadiqpt2

'Brotha' - Angie Stone
'Harvest for the World (Raphael Saadiq Remix) - The Isley Brothers
'Long Weekend' - Trombone Shorty
'Aint Nobody Worryin' - Anthony Hamilton
'My Life' - Adrian Marcel
'She's Got the Love' - Calvin Richardson
'Show Me' - John Legend
'What They Do' - The Roots featuring Raphael Saadiq
'Broken Heart' - Booker T featuring Jay James


No comments:

Post a Comment